Curious about solar power? Here at Primitive Power we want to help your transition to clean energy feel as simple as possible. We want to ensure you feel educated and informed while making this decision. Here are a few things about Solar Panels that will be helpful to know before we get started on this journey together.
1. Sustainable Energy Source – Acting gently and sustainably on the planet is one of the things we’re most passionate about here at Primitive Power. We’re constantly looking for ways to tread lightly on the environment, and we believe solar is one of the easiest moves for homeowners. Solar panels help reduce greenhouse gas emissions and cut down on fossil fuel dependence.
When you invest in a solar system for your home, you’re putting yourself at the forefront of an exciting new revolution. Solar energy is a rapidly-growing industry that is only gaining momentum. Every year we have access to more information and better technology that improves what your panels are capable of.
2. Dependable Cost Each Month – Since electricity is produced from a finite resource (fossil fuels like coal and natural gas), the price is constantly fluctuating, leaving homeowners vulnerable to power companies and an unknown power bill each month. They can raise or lower your price at will each month and you’re powerless to stop it! With solar panels, you know exactly what to expect each month for years to come. From day one our solar experts will break down the cost of your panels over their lifetime and you’ll know just what you’re paying for each month.
3. Home Value – Homes with solar panels are worth more! Installing a solar system on your home increases the value by an average NUMBER%. If you decide to sell before your panels are paid off, the new owners will take over and enjoy the benefits of owning their power…and you’ll already be familiar with the benefits of solar panels when you move into your next home. We hear time and time again that prospective homeowners are excited about the prospect of having solar panels on their home.
4. Tax Credits – Did you know homeowners who choose solar power receive a generous tax credit from the government? Since solar energy is good for the environment and good for the economy, you’ll receive a tax credit for 26% of the cost of your panel installation. Read all about that tax credit right here, and get excited about those savings from Uncle Sam!
5. Maintenance – Our cutting edge technology and top-of-the-line equipment requires minimal maintenance. You’ll be powering your home without worry for years to come. We also have an app that lets you check in on your system and get in touch with our solar experts with your questions at any time. We pride ourselves on making solar energy accessible and enjoyable.
6. Reliability & Accessibility – We see over and over again just how unreliable the grid can be. Having your home powered by a renewable resource gives you peace of mind and total trust in your system. Solar panels are also a great option for homes in rural areas that may have less consistent access to traditional power sources.
7. Cost – The first thing most folks think about is the cost of solar panels. We get it–going solar can be overwhelming! We often compare it to the home-buying process. Paying your energy bill each month is a lot like paying rent. You get to use it, but you don’t own anything. Installing solar panels on your home, then, is buying. You own your panels, and every month you’re putting money towards ownership of an asset rather than use of a resource you’ll never see again.
One of the most common misconceptions about solar panels is the amount of money you need to pay up front. You may qualify for solar panel installation with $0 down. While each home is different, the experts at Primitive Power are happy to get you a quote and break down exactly how much you’d be paying for a solar system on your home.
8. Overcast Weather – Homeowners often worry their panels won’t work when it’s overcast, rainy, or dark outside. This is actually a misconception, though. The pros who install your panels will be calibrating it to store excess energy throughout the daytime and sunny months so your system continues to produce power even when the sun isn’t shining. In fact, most systems produce more energy than your home requires. When this happens, you get to take advantage of net metering, which is a solar incentive that credits you for the energy you’re putting back into the grid.
9. Your Rooftop – Solar panels do change the look of your house. We understand the pride of ownership that you have in your home and its curb appeal. Our installation and design experts will work with you to maximize the energy your system is producing while still looking discreet and sleek. Solar panels on your roof signify that you’re at the forefront of an exciting new movement, and with our cutting-edge panels your home will look its very best.
When it comes to the integrity of your roof, our professionals take extreme care on installation day to leave your rooftop in pristine condition. You may want to check with your roofing company ahead of time to see if solar panels impact the warranty on your roof.
Is solar right for you?
Ultimately, we’re here to help you make the most informed decision possible. The experts at Primitive Power are passionate about educating homeowners and helping you understand every option available to you. Reach out today to get more information and see if your home is an ideal candidate for solar power.
Are you ready to own your power? Reach out to Primitive Power today!